LOCAL 285 APPRENTICESHIP COMMITTEE
234 Attwell Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5B3 tel. 416-249-9626, email@example.com
APPRENTICE INTAKE PROCESS
The Intake Process Is A Four-Stage Process As Follows:
- Stage 1: The Application
- Stage 2: The Aptitude Test*
- Stage 3: The Interview
- Stage 4: Mandatory 2 week Safety Training & Orientation*
Complete details will be provided to applicants at the time of application.
NOTE: Applications MUST be completed in person at the Local 285 Training Centre between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. Deadline for applications will be 3:00 PM on Friday, March 29, 2019
Stage 1: The Application
The following are the requirements for a valid submission.
- You must have your Social Insurance card or an official document with proof of SIN
- You must provide an acceptable form of government issued Photo ID
- You must submit your high school transcript, diploma, or provide a copy of a valid Sheet Metal Worker Apprenticeship Training Agreement as proof of education.
- You must have a minimum of grade 10 education. If schooling was completed abroad, equivalency in education must be recognized by a regulatory body
- You must be able to complete a 2-week Safety Training and Orientation Course, ensuring punctual attendance each day
- You may also provide a letter of recommendation from your parent/grandparent or family member who is a member of Local 285 and/or a Local 285 signatory contractor
- A driver’s license is an asset, G2, M2 or better
- Applications can only be filled out by the individual applying and must be completed in person. Applications may at no time leave the premises
- You may submit other post secondary transcripts, other related course certificates, and a resume to be included with your application
* DATES AND TIMES FOR THE APPTITUDE TEST AND THE 2 WEEK SAFETY TRAINING AND ORIENTATION WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF THE APPLICATION.
LAC Committee Members
Association: Domenic Di Battista Co-Chair, Tony Di Clemente Member, Stefan Laskis Member
Local Union: Bob Gougeon Co-Chair, Bruno Mittica Member, Alex Petricca Member
Download: 2019 Application Process Outline 2 week